Friday, August 1, 2008

When did boredom become okay?

I'm still in Kentucky, and found something to keep me occupied today. I went vinyl shopping at a place called Pops...actually the second time since I've been here. I've acquired over a hundred bucks worth now, and am excited to get home and listen. Here's a list of the artists: Jefferson Starship, James Taylor, Stevie Nicks, Canned Heat, Allan Parsons Project, Beatles, Mamas and the Papas, The Byrds, Michael Jackson, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Allman Brothers, Cat Stevens, The Smiths, Santana, Arlo Guthrie, Atlanta Rhythm Section, Carol King, I think there is more but I don't feel like looking again.

I'm anxious to get home, and it's funny that no matter how much I say I'm sick of Jacksonville I'm always ready to go back. I miss my friends and the trouble I can get into with them. I miss my food, and being able to ride my bike to Grassroots and pick up a healthy snack. I truly take these amenities for granted.

I think I'm going to attempt to finish reading Party Monster in a little bit. Dinner is being prepared...something hydrogenated I think. It's amazing how some old fashioned ways stick around...literally.

No comments: