Wednesday, August 6, 2008

PB & J

Just finished eating my daily PB & J after quite an afternoon of biking, swimming, and drinking. It was a scorcher today, and I couldn't turn down a chance to swim, and I can't help it that there was a fridge full of beer. I think I loaded over 2 tons of clay today at the warehouse...50 pounds at a time. It was busy at work, seems like I start doing one task and there are three more lined up. It's cool with me, it makes the day go by quicker.

After I got home, I shaved off my mohawk. I can't stand looking like everyone else, and right now most people I know have a mohawk. It wasn't your typical do...definitely had that hipster flair to it. Now I'm rockin something that looks like the hairstyle of Hare Krishnas. Did you know that the reason they leave a patch of hair in the back of their head, is so that Krishna can yank them up when he returns to Earth? Yeah, interesting story...talking to a Krishna is interesting business. Anyway, I'm happy with the do, and it is a lot less maintanence. 

I took a hefty bike ride today, from my place over two bridges, close to the west-side of Jax. It was fun, except for the wipeout I had a few miles to my destination. I took a turn too sharp and hit sand. I think I fell gracefully...and I'm sure the 20 other cars that saw me thought so too! I didn't do any damage, and I got back up and went on with my business. The ride started out weird with my iPod crapping out right before the first bridge...and I hate biking without tunes. I stopped halfway over and had to restart the damn thing. I think the heat had a lot to do with my wacky ride...my brains were a little fried. Once I jumped in the water I was feeling good. The ride home was extremely swift...and I got back in about 35 mins. I think it's somewhere between 15 and 18 miles.

Packing has been initiated, and I have about 4 boxes full. I'm meeting up with my roommate tomorrow, and we are going to head over to Riverside to look for a place. I hope we have a relatively smooth time doing so. I'm ready to be there...and it will motivate me to pack quicker.

I think it's time for me to turn in and hit the sack. I've had an eventful day, and my back hurts.

No comments: